Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The essence of christmas (christmas break)



Here in the Philippines Christmas is the most awaited event of the year. People are always struggling to buy Christmas presents for their family and friends. Then I wondered why Christmas to me this year feels so different? Maybe because finally, I lost the feeling of anticipation that followed me since childhood. We all know that Christmas is all about gift-giving, tree decorating, Christmas lights all over the house and a vacation to get away from work and school. As a Catholic I can not help but feel a little ashamed of not knowing the real importance of Christmas. I never really acknowledged Christmas as a religious holiday. It's funny how I can acknowledge Christmas decorations but not the real essence of the Christmas season. Maybe, that's one reason why Christmas to me this year feels so weird. Since Santa Claus is out of my mind, I no longer have to worry of what I have to wish for and I no longer have to wait until midnight to look at the empty socks for some candy. There's a lot of changes this year that really made Christmas so dull for me but i guess the best part of it is having some quality time for my family. I guess its about time for me to acknowledge Christmas as a religious holiday since my childhood had long passed by this is the time to change my point of view and feel the real essence of Christmas in my life.
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Picture source: www.yahoo.com

No comments: